Provides direct and indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Communicates with physicians about changes in patient’s clinical condition including hemodynamic monitoring, results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision. Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
$5000.00 Sign On Bonus!
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and their clinical condition.
• Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
• Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
• Ability to interpret results of waived tests; take appropriate action on waived tests results.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, revise plan as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
• Formulates a teaching plan based upon identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
• Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based upon ACLS protocol.
• Provides care to patients with compromised nutritional/metabolic status.
• Provides care to patients requiring extensive fluid and electrolyte management.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to charge nurse, co-workers and physicians.
• Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
• Provides care appropriate to disease condition and age of the patient.
• Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas.
• Current BCLS certification.
• Current ACLS certification.
• Current PALS certification.
• Basic EKG or Arrhythmia-identification certification preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year work experience in the Emergency Department/ICU.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!