House Supervisor (Nursing Admin.)
The Nursing House Supervisor is responsible for promoting and maintaining quality patient care through effective management of the activities of the total patient care services during his/her assigned shift. In addition, provides direct supervision and serves as a clinical resource for acute care, ambulatory, inpatient, emergency, and intensive care nursing services. In the absence of the Administrator and/or designee, the Nursing House Supervisor has the authority and responsibility for administrative decisions and appropriate notification of the Administrator-on-Call.
Full-Time / 2 Shifts /
6PM - 6AM & 6AM - 6PM
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Carries out hospital/nursing policies, procedures and standards.
• Visits all patient care units to ascertain condition of patients, evaluate staffing needs and provide support to caregivers.
• Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Administers the effective distribution and utilization of staff employed during the respective shift, to include agency and contracted staff.
• Coordinates and evaluates services rendered by and to all departments during the respective shift on an ongoing basis.
• Keeps the Nursing Administrator, his/her representative and/or the Administrator informed regarding circumstances or situations which have or may have serious impact.
• Uses good judgment in ensuring adherence to established hospital procedures and policies.
• Informs staff on ensuing shift regarding condition of patients, follow-up actions required and any special conditions.
• Audits charts routinely. Provides clinical expertise in documentation.
• Participates and assists in the planning and providing of in-service education programs within the hospital or other meetings, seminars or institutes conducted outside the hospital.
• Participates in patient care meetings and in-service education functions.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Evaluates and documents performance of employees as indicated and communicates this information to the Patient Care Manager.
• Assumes the duties as outlined in the Emergency Management Manual.
• Follows Pharmacy protocols for obtaining drugs when the Pharmacist is unavailable.
• Completes staffing assignments and maintains / evaluates accuracy of staffing systems.
• Completes supervisory activity reports as well as quality item reports.
• Assists in survey compliance, employee evaluations, learning opportunities, and identifies supply and equipment needs.
• Performs rounds on patients twice per shift to monitor the conditions and care of acutely ill patients.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and holds current licensure in the state as a registered professional nurse.
• An associate’s degree in nursing is required. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is preferred.
• Experience as a staff nurse and experience in leadership role.
• Current BLS and ACLS certification.
• PALS within 30 days or hire.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!