Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians regarding changes in patient’s status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment
$5000.00 Sign On Bonus!
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure optimal patient care.
• Ability to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. This includes neonate, pediatric, adolescent and geriatric patients and the general patient population.
• Uses triage process to ensure timely and appropriate care to patients. Accurately assigns triage categories.
• Ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
• Ability to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly interpret the results.
• Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring, identifies dysrhythmias and treats appropriately.
• Ability to perform waived testing (point-of-care testing) per Clinical Laboratory’s and the patient care unit’s policies and procedures.
• Ability to interpret the results of waived tests; takes appropriate action on waived test results.
• Maintains current knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on age of the patient and his/her clinical condition.
• Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Prepares, hangs, monitors and discontinues IV fluids.
• Maintains accurate and continued nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, responses and assessment of changes.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Orients new employees to the Emergency Department.
• Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families. Functions as liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the State of Texas.
• Current BCLS certification.
• Current ACLS certification.
• Current PALS certification.
• Basic EKG or Arrhythmia-identification certification preferred.
• Minimum of one (1) year work experience in the Emergency Department/ICU
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!