Plans and delivers nutritional care to patients according to the physicians’ diagnoses. Performs as a member of the multidisciplinary care team. Screens patients to identify nutritional risk. Prescribes therapeutic diet orders as allowed by medical staff bylaws and State Law. Exercises independent judgment under general supervision.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Approves menus and nutritional supplements provided to patients.
• Assesses patients’ nutritional status according to established standards.
• Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status.
• Develops nutritional care plans for patients of any age including infant, child, adolescent, geriatric and terminally ill patients.
• Prescribes therapeutic diet orders as allowed by medical staff bylaws and State law.
• Develops nutritional care plans based on the cultural orientation of the patient.
• Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient’s nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan.
• Improves patient’s nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
• Assists in developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Provides food-drug interrelationship information to physician.
• Assists in orienting and inservicing new employees to department.
• Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
• Documentation meets current standards and policies.
• Conducts inservice as requested to hospital staff and the community.
• Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
• Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Bachelor’s degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
• Proof of passing the national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) or the National Board Examination for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDN).
• Participates in continuing educational requirements to maintain registration.
• Licensed dietitian status, if residing in a state with licensure requirements.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!