Responsible for processing of the hospital's payroll, preparing and remitting payroll reports, reconciliations, taxes, and analyzes. Entering journal entries, maintenance of accounting and financial records, assist with month-end closing and reconciliation of balance sheet account. Performs support to accounts payable. Participates in the department's performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Responsible for the verification, preparation and processing of the hospital's payroll.
• Ensure correct approvals on all payroll document presented for processing.
• PAR Reviews. Ensure all payroll information is completed, coded correctly and entered accurately into the computer system, including payroll records changes by HR.
• Maintain employee confidence by delivering instruction and training to employees regarding the function of payroll-related systems including time entry and online access to pay statements.
• Provides staff with continuing education through in-services/ orientation.
• Coordinates and reviews the hospital's payroll system; makes recommendations for improvements.
• Ensures the timely processing of payroll and tax reports to the federal, state and local governments.
• Investigates problems and complaints about payroll issues; payments, wages, deductions, etc. Makes necessary corrections or changes. Completes documentation.
• Complies reports and statistics for Administration.
• Works with external auditors when the hospital's payroll system is audited.
• Performs accounting procedures for pension and retirement plans.
• Issues W-2's, 1099’s and other forms for the IRS; makes corrections with the IRS when necessary.
• Journal entries, month end close and financial reporting.
• Maintenance of accounting and financial records.
• Monitors the hospital's financial system; investigates any problems that arise and finds solutions.
• Prepare, analyze and process bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly report, projections and ad-hoc request.
• Manage and reconcile bank activities .
• Balance petty cash drawer.
• Tests all systems modifications and enhancements for the accounting department before implementation. Documents all testing and re-testing.
• Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner and is accurate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Excellent time-management skills.
• Associates Degree in Accounting or Business, preferred.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP), preferred.
• A minimum of three (3) year’s experience in accounting, preferably in a hospital setting.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!