EVS - Surgical Services (Housekeeping)
Responsible for keeping the Operating Room clean and organized. Assists with basic patient care based on individual patient needs within the scope of practice and specific training under direct supervision of the registered nurse. Assists with transporting patient to and from the OR.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Observes safety precautions at all times : uses protective wear, gloves, goggles; uses proper body mechanics.
• Exhibits full knowledge of Terminal Cleaning Process for Operating Rooms according to AORN Standards
• Monitors and records temperature and humidity of each surgical suite.
• Monitors and records temperature of warming cabinets and medical refrigerator/freezer.
• Ensures all warmers are stocked with blankets and fluids; monitors the warming cabinets through out the shift.
• Ensures specimen containers are stocked.
• Monitors and stocks hats, masks and booties in multiple locations.
• Monitors, orders and stacks linen on the linen cart for the day.
• Keeps Environmental Services closet organized and stocked with regular bags, red bags, paper products and cleaning chemicals and supplies.
• Before the OR schedule begins: damp dusts all surgical lights, tables and other furniture in each surgical suite.
• Ensures each surgical suite has a linen hamper and regular and hazardous waste bags.
• Wet mops surgical suites between cases and performs terminal cleaning of the OR, PACU, and Anesthesia at the end of the schedule.
• Disposes of all linens, regular waste, hazardous waste and sharps containers in the appropriate waste disposal area.
• Replaces mop head after each case; sends all mop heads to Environmental Services at end of day.
• Moves OR furniture and equipment as requested. Cleans all equipment before putting back into storage.
• Able to perform terminal cleaning as needed.
• Maintains a log of when cleaning duties are performed.
• Ensures staff lounge is clean and neat. Empties trash at end of day and as needed.
• Ensures staff and physician locker rooms are cleaned, stocked, linen and trash disposed of daily.
• Follows all infection prevention and control practices including; handwashing and standard precautions.
• Utilizes the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
• Uses and maintains cleaning and transportation equipment correctly and safely.
• Reports safety hazards to the OR Charge Nurse, Director or designee.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Communicates in an effective and efficient manner with all documentation, and with all co workers, patients, visitors and physicians.
• Responds to patient and visitor questions and needs immediately and within established standards.
• High School graduate or equivalent with one (1) year experience in acute hospital setting.
• Current BLS Certification.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!