Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Determines types and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared by reviewing planned menus.
• Determines amount of foods needed to meet weekly menus and submits order to Nutritional Services Supervisor.
• Ensures meals are ready at specified times.
• Consults with Manager of Food and Nutrition regarding use of left-overs.
• Consults Registered Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
• Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes, using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
• Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
• Cooks meat, fish and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
• Carves meat, fish and fowl into individual servings according to menu combinations and patient diet orders.
• Tests foods being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as necessary.
• Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings.
• Observes infection prevention and control practices at all times.
• Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Previous experience in hospital food preparation.
• Appropriate certification from the health department for handling food.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!