Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Performs and documents physical examinations on all patients
• Obtains and documents patients' medical histories.
• Assesses and documents patient and/or family’s psychosocial issues.
• Performs and/or orders diagnostic and therapeutic procedures/tests.
• Explains all tests/procedures to patient/family including any pre-testing requirements.
• Interprets subjective and objective data to formulate a diagnosis.
• Interprets laboratory and diagnostic test results.
• Formulates diagnoses and treats illnesses within scope of practice.
• Formulates and implements patient treatment plans within the PA's scope of practice.
• Implements therapeutic interventions when appropriate within scope of practice.
• Always defers to the physician with difficult cases or when a case is out of the scope of practice for a physician's assistant.
• Orders, prescribes dispenses and administers drugs and medical devices within scope of practice. (See individual state laws)
• Able to perform wound care, suturing, cast application and removal; intraarticular/ trigger/ bursae injections, and other procedures.
• Ordering or performing diagnostic studies such as but not limited to X-ray, CT, MRI, and bone scans etc.
• Able to perform minor surgical procedures.
• Writes progress notes and discharge summaries.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Communicates appropriately and clearly to supervising physician, nurses, office/clinic staff.
• Maintains a good working relationship within the organization.
• Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Participates in clinical research studies when appropriate.
• Attends all office/clinic and medical staff meetings as appropriate to the organization's rules and regulations
• Bachelor's Degree in Health Sciences, etc.
• Graduate of an accredited Physician's Assistant Program.
• NCCPA Certified.
• Licensed in the State of Texas as a physician’s assistant.
• Registered with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) if applicable.
• Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS certifications.
• Current liability coverage.
• Must complete 100 hours of CME every two (2) years and take the recertification exam every ten (10) years.
• Must be supervised by a physician.
• Scope of practice is related directly to the PA's supervising physician and individual state laws
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent Regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!