Performs a variety of imaging procedures and is responsible for patient safety protocols. Functions as the first line interface with customers in the successful accomplishment of their imaging needs. Participates in CQI activities.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns and extraneous radiation to patients.
• Responsible for safe handling of equipment and films.
• Instructs and prepares patients for roentgenographic and/or fluoroscopic examinations.
• Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
• Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions and shields patients accordingly.
• Able to assess patient pain interfering with imaging procedure; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Makes special radiographic examinations requiring special equipment and procedures.
• Programs portable or stationary x-ray machines and makes radiograms for a variety of examinations.
• Practices medical and surgical aseptic procedures.
• Assists in maintaining basic records and reports.
• Assists in maintaining files.
• Assists in training of students and ancillary staff.
• Interacts professionally with patient/family.
• Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses’ stations.
• Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient, including pediatric, geriatric and general population.
• Graduation from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology program.
• Registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
• Certified by the State of Texas to practice and administer radiation.
• Current BCLS certification.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!