Surgical Discharge Planner
The Surgical Discharge Planner shall be responsible for providing guidance and treatment planning for each patient. The Surgical Discharge Planner shall be expected to function as a member of the multidisciplinary team and participate in the facility programs.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Demonstrates effective communication skills and presenting material. Displays good report writing skills.
• Engages in timely and efficient planning. Works in close conjunction with patient, nursing staff and attending physician. Shows good knowledge of referral/placement process and available community resources.
• Participates in treatment planning for each patient, works cooperatively as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team.
• Helps patients achieve wellness and autonomy.
• Assists patients to make informed decisions by acting as their advocate regarding their clinical status and treatment options.
• Promote quality and cost-effective interventions and outcomes.
• Utilizes feedback regarding performance to make improvements.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Effectively participates in the referral development process.
• Communicates with families and community agencies to further enhance referral development.
• Ability to function well as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to represent the program well in interactions both inside and outside the facility.
• Associate degree in social work, case management, medical assistant, counseling, psychology, or equivalent, required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in case management, medical assistant preferred.
• Social work/medical assistant licensure, preferred.
• One (1) year experience working with adult and geriatric patients.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!