Responsible for on-site and tele-medicine management of medical, trauma and environmental emergencies under the supervision of a registered nurse and the emergency department physician on duty.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas
• Able to triage, assess, extricate (if applicable) and treat injured and sick persons.
• Responsibilities include: Life support, airway management, oxygen therapy, venous access, shock prevention, splinting, spinal immobilization, vehicular extrication.
• Ability to establish patient airway with oral and naso-pharyngeal airways, endotracheal intubation.
• Able to ventilate a patient with mask/ambu bag when necessary.
• Able to suction oral secretions.
• Immobilizes extremities on trauma patients; applies direct pressure to control hemorrhaging.
• Able to administer fluids and medications in the field.
• Follows the seven (7) medication rights and reduces the potential for medication errors.
• Able to assess pain and provide pain management.
• Interprets basic cardiac monitoring.
• Performs and assists with technical skills as defined in the scope of practice.
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
• Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
• Adheres to policies addressing standard precautions, safety regulations and guidelines.
• Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patients served. Able to interpret data about patient's status in order to identify each patient's age specific needs and provide care needed by the patient group.
• Documentation meets current standards and policies.
• Transports patients and supplies safely.
• Operates equipment safely and correctly.
• Communicates clearly and concisely to co-workers, physicians, nurses.
• Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops; shows responsibility for ongoing education.
• Other duties as assigned within the paramedic scope of practice.
• High School graduate or equivalent.
• Current EMT - Paramedic certification.
• Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS certifications.
• Valid State of Texas Driver's License.
DOWNLOAD & COMPLETE THE APPLICATION MANUALLY
Click Download to open the fillable job application in a new tab.
Go to File > Save Page As > PDF
to save to your computer.
Once your application and resumé are ready, Click + Select to select your application from where it is saved.
Submit and then repeat process for resumé.
Click Submit after you upload your application.
Include your name in the title of each document you upload. List all desired positions on the application, if more that 1.
Why Crescent regional Hospital?
At Crescent Regional Hospital, our goal is, and always has been, to cultivate a community of doctors, nurses, and administrators to breathe new life into a previously dying hospital as to provide a continuum of care for the communities of Lancaster, DeSoto, and all surrounding areas. Unwavering in our vision and determined to not just be a choice in healthcare, but the choice in healthcare we need to hire the best from the community as to give the best care for the community.
Being of relative size to the communities we serve, both in staff and structure, allows us the ability to collaborate with and learn from one another as a means to provide treatment which is extensive, thorough, and specific to each patient. And because our internal culture is one of recognizing individual strengths and accomplishments, everyone gets their deserved moment to shine. As members of the Crescent Regional Family, we build one another up because we understand when we strive, our patients and community thrive which perpetuates us all into excellence.
We thank you for your interest in seeking employment with Crescent Regional Hospital and look forward to working with you when you become part of the Crescent Regional Family!